What’s cooking with Mrs Balbir?
Join our Celebrity Chef Mrs Balbir as she cooks Chicken Biryani with AB Foods Regional General Manager – Mr Sean Goonan. AB Foods distribute the Patak’s Brand in Thailand.
“What’s cooking with Mrs Balbir” is sponsored by Patak’s.
In Thailand, Patak’s is available in Tesco Supercenter, Central Food Halls, Tops Market, Gourmet Market at Paragon and Emporium, Home Freshmart The Mall, Foodland and Villa Market.
“Britian’s favorite curry brand comes to Thailand” *
*Data from Nielsen Great Britain MAT value sales level.
2 ½ Cups Uncooked Basmati Rice (cleaned and washed
400 Grams Chicken Fillet(cut into required size)
2 Tbsp Butter
1 Cup Onions (sliced)
1 Tbsp Garlic(pounded)
1 Tbsp Ginger (pounded)
4 Cinnamon sticks (about 2 inches long x ¼ inch thick)
5 Pods Cardamons (split open)
3 Bay leaves
2 Tsp Tumeric Powder and 10 strands of Saffron (Soak
Saffron in ½ cup of hot water for at least 1 hour before cooking)
1 pouch Patak’s Madras Curry Paste
1 Tsp Cumin Seeds Powder
1 Tsp Sugar
1 Tsp Salt
1 ½ Cups Water
1 Cup Coconut Milk
½ Tsp Food color — Strawberry Red
1. Heat butter in a large pan
2. Add Cinnamon, Cardamon, Cloves and Bay leaves.Add Garlic,Ginger, Onions and cook until brown.Add in the Patak’s paste and cook for at least 5 mins until nice aroma.
3. Add in the chicken fillet and cook well
4. Add dissolved Saffron and Tumeric Powder with Cumin Seed Powder, sugar and Salt.
5. Add Rice, and mix well (off fire)
6. Put the above mixture, Coconut Milk and water into a rice cooker and cook rice.
7. When rice is ready, sprinkle the safe red color powder over the top of the cooked rice
8. Cover the rice cooker for 5 minutes until the color seeps through
9. Stir the Saffron rice gently
10. Decorate Saffron rice with silver paper and rice is ready to be served