What’s cooking with Mrs Balbir?
Join our Celebrity Chef Mrs Balbir as she cooks with another Celebrity Chef Wilson Chung. In this episode she cooks Papadam Fritters.
“What’s cooking with Mrs Balbir” is sponsored by Patak’s.
In Thailand, Patak’s is available in Tesco Supercenter, Central Food Halls, Tops Market, Gourmet Market at Paragon and Emporium, Home Freshmart The Mall, Foodland and Villa Market.
“Britian’s favorite curry brand comes to Thailand” *
*Data from Nielsen Great Britain MAT value sales level.
1 Tablespoon Butter (salted)
1 Tablespoon Ginger Chopped
½ Tablespoon Bird Chillies Chopped
1 Tablespoon Onions Chopped
1 Tablespoon Fresh Coriander Chopped
1 Tablespoon Black and Golden Raisins(mix together)
1 Tablespoon Sliced Almonds(skin removed)
150 Grams Minced Chicken
1 Tablespoon Patak’s Chicken Tikka Masala Paste
½ Cup Grated Red Adam’s Cheese
2 Pieces Papadams( 8 inches flavored with black pepper)
1 Tablespoon Cooking Oil
Water for soaking Papadams
1. In a pan, heat the butter, add in the ginger, chillies and onions.
2. Then add in the Patak’s Paste and cook for 5 minutes.
3. When you get a nice aroma add in the minced chicken and cook well.
4. When chicken is ready add in the fresh coriander,remove and leave to cool.
5. Soak one piece of Papadam in a bowl of water until slightly soft and place it over a flat pan on low fire.
6. Top the Papadam with chicken mixture and sprinkle with cheese.
7. Also soak the other piece of Papadam in water and cover the chicken and cheese.
8. Add some oil to Papadam, turn sides, cook until golden brown in color.
9. Remove, cut into serving sizes and serve with your favorite dipping sauce.